Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Leonard Cohen Afterworld

I've never listened to Leonard Cohen's music before, until today. Why did it take me 26 years to find him music. I've herd of him a million times, mentioned in song, and book, and in poems.

I'm just lying here, blocking everything except his voic, and words, and every song is beautiful, ever lyric wonderfull. I close my eyes, and my mind wonders back to when I was just a child. When everything was so exciting.

Now, I'm writing this blog, just because I'm mad, mad that I didn't know about this before today, mad I've been to lazy to look him up, even though I ment to many times. I'm hungry I have to go, and make myself lunch.

I just wanted to let you know that he was right, I hope there is Leonard Cohen afterworld.

I'll write more later, but hunger has overcome me. I must go.

2 comments:

Fishwhiskers said...

Oh yes, good old Leonard Cohen ... I grew up with his music. Partly the reason for my depression LOL.

Love
Fishy x

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I absolutely LOVE Leonard Cohen, Anna. There is a great documentary you can get on amazon.com that was from a few years ago. It has other artists interpreting his songs (like U2 and Rufus Wainwright and Nick Cave). It is interspersed with footage of an interview with Leonard. I own it, and I highly recommend it. You can probably get a used copy pretty cheap.

I am happy you found him. His work means a lot to me. I particularly love his song Chelsea Hotel. Rufus Wainwright does a killer job on it.

Love,

SB