Friday, June 11, 2010

Some will say I'm a junky

This morning I left the house at 5:50am, and thought I was going to be late to an 8:50am appointment with my phsyc doc. First I had to go to the Methadone clinic and get my dose. I was prepared to be sitting there twittling my thumbs waiting for my number to be called, but I walk in to the clinic, and this morning its a ghost town. Not a single other person was there to dose. So I go straight to the window and dose. I'm done by 6:30am. I figure that's okay because I don't quite remember how to get there, so I have to drive around and find it. Well I find it by 7am. So I pull in the parking lot. The rain is comming down so hard I can't see in front of me. Its perfect out. So I shut off the car crack the window, pull out my nook and smokes, and read until 8:50am.

I get into see the Doc early. We talk about how I'm feeling. I tell him the truth. I'm pretty steady. No real low, lows, and no real high, highs since I started back on my medication. Then he said these magic words. He is perscibing me Rittalin, and Topamax, all in order for me to loose weight. I've gone thru hundereds of docs trying to get stimulants out of them to loose weight and they would never do it. This guy didn't even give it a second thought.

Since I admitted that I'm terrifed of moving far away by myself, I was wondering if anyone would want to move away with me to Hawaii this winter if my parents don't follow thru with there plans. I want these stimulants to get their job done, then move, and am hopeing if I have the perscription already then my doc in Hawaii will fall in line. Knock on wood. Next I'm going to need sleeping pills.

6 comments:

Gledwood said...

Those appointments are early! You're saying the methadone clinic is open at 6am? Wow. And the doctor gives out appointments before nine? Double-wow.

Gledwood said...

PS I would love to come to Hawaii with you ~ but no idea whatever how to really make it happen <%-/...

Gledwood said...

PPS Congratulations on getting the Ritalin!

I don't understand how he would square with himself prescribing a stimulant when you're bipolar and on benzos..?

I'm not saying I don't think you should have it, just that ... well you know what docs are like ...

Ever had it before? ...

Gledwood said...

Wow it's only 10:30 at night your end?!
Do you know it's 6:33am here!!

What on earth the time difference between here and Hawaii I don't know but it must be pretty extreme ~ 12 hours or more...

AnnaGrace said...

Gled, the methadone clinic opens at 5:30am here and in Hawaii. If you really want to come to Hawaii with me then make it happen. I know dealers there. Its all tar though and I know how you hate the tar and the absesses(spelling) it causes. You are always mentioning how using black tar heroin we don't manage to loose an arm or leg on a regular basis. Your arm or leg or foot does not always get infected if you miss, but there are alot of armless junky's out there, both here in Wisconsin, and Hawaii.

As far as the Ritalin(thanks for the correct spelling btw) I know how the fuck does he square himself on giving me a stimulant as a Bi polar, and on Benzo's. He's been investingated by the DEA, so I think that might have something to do with it.

As far as the time diffrence it is five hours behind Wiscosin time, so you'd have figure that out on London time. I'd love to move to London even if it was for a short period of time and you kicked me out. Then we both could move to Hawaii. Sound good. I'm saving all my money.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I can't even function that early. 5:30? Man.