Thursday, September 13, 2012

Metamorphosis of Anna

Have you ever felt you've outgrown someone as a friend? Conversation is no longer stimulating? Well, I feel like that with everyone I know. Including my parents. I ask my mom or dad a question and they don't even know what I'm asking much less the answer. My mom is a little closer than my dad. I don't consider them stupid, I don't consider myself much or even any smarter than anyone. I have just discovered new interests beyond my family or friends. I want to talk about Russian Literature, and English Literature. I want someone to help to speak Russian  or French with so I can practice and learn to speak it. I want someone to tell me where a semi colon goes, or when should I use : or even what the name of it is. (colon?) Fucking basics people. I'm dumb! I'm constantly on my phone asking Google questions. On my phone in the dictionary looking of definitions of words I don't know or how to spell or say. I have a English to Russian dictionary, and English to French dictionary. I want to buy "Rosetta Stone" to learn faster. I gave almost all money this month to my parents due to a large electricity bill. The bill was so large because I have to have the air on all the time. I did buy a new baby doll dress that costed 80 dollars. So now I'm broke and have to wait until next month to buy the "Rosetta Stone"

My math classes and biology classes are stimulating. I look forward to the days I have to go to classes. I wish I could go to a real college and go full time without loosing all my SS benefits. I can't afford school, my credit is damaged from medical bills. I  have an appointment to declare medical debt bankruptcy this week. Then I have to wait seven years for my credit to get better. The degrees I want there is no job market for. What does one do with a Russian Lit masters degree? Teach...and that's pretty much it. Write of course, but you need raw talent for that, and unfortunately God didn't bestow any raw talents on me at birth.

I want someone to read Hamlet with and study it with. Someone even to converse with it about. I guess what I'm getting at, is if there is someone out there that wants to Hamlet with me and we can chat about it, and email each other about we are learning. Old English wording, character development, plot development, why Shakespeare is considered the best writer/playwright of all time thus far. I would be willing to read any books you would like to read and talk about. Sorta like a book club. There is a book club here in Green Bay, but they are reading...guess....fifty shades of gray trilogy. I plan on reading the books, but I'm more into Victorian lit right now. Although I'm open to any books. I want to read Kafka's Metamorphosis soon. If anyone is interested email me at younganna@ymail.com or leave a comment down below.

7 comments:

Gledwood said...

French is considerably easier than Russian, but you have to get the pronunciation absolutely right. Most words do not look the way they are pronounced, they often have silent letters at the end and I kept getting it wrong even when I had been doing French for 7 years!!

But it is a v useful language. If I hadn't known French I wouldn't have had half as good a time in Morocco, which used to be a French colony, so just about everyone I met seemed to speak fluent French. English was only used for the tourist trade. And international business, I suppose...

I caN'T REMEMBER bloody hell where did those caps ceome from ?? What was I saying can't remember what I came here to say...

I don't understand what medical debt bankruptcy is... I don't want to say much on this subject except that America's healthcare system sounds CRAP. All those hardcore rightwingers saying Obama-care was far too expensive and totally wrong. One thing about my country, apart from the compulsory $250 a year TV licence, is that nobody ever has to pay for healthcare apart from dental and eyes and even then people on benefits should get it free. If they fill in the right forms. Which I didn't for years and so I couldn't see a fucking dentist even though my teeth had gone BLACK on the inside from chainsmoking rollups made of dogends picked off the street. I was a real scavenger, me.

Fuck it I still cannot remember what I came here to say except hi darlin'...

Gledwood said...

Re the languages, Linguaphone is also really good, but probably takes more willpower and commitment than Rosetta Stone, which is very visual and people say they get addicted to it.

I wanted to say DID YOU EVER GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE AUSTRALIAN HITS MYSTERY?

Are you still getting loads and loads of hits from Down Under? Why don't you put out a shout asking someone from there to explain where they found out about your blog and why they're there..?? That would get straight to the bottom of the mystery... ;-)

Anna Young said...

Gledwood,

Yes, I've found so far that French is by far much easier to learn than the Russian language. Still I'm intent on learning these two languages. Speak, read, and write. I want to master these to languages. Get better at French than I am at English.I'd love to travel to the French county side to write.

I never did find out why I got a little over 900 hits in one day on one post on my blog, and almost all from Australia. Strange stuff.

I'm gonna stick with Rosetta Stone.

Anna Young said...

Gledwood,

Medical debt bankrupcy is for people who have huge debt from being hospitalized, and doctor shopping without insurance.

He in the U.S. we don't have universal health care yet, so after the age of 18 you're no longer under your parents insurance and I was without insurance until I was 27 when I got SSD (social security disability)

A lot of familys have no health insurance at all. If your parents don't have health insurance from their work then the kids don't have health insurance. That's why we have charitable hospitals here. People with deadly illnesses are refused treatment because they don't have insurance. Its sicking.

Faith DiLoreto said...

Hello Anna. I found your blog via Shane Levene's Memoires blog. This site called Sparknotes may help you to better understand Kafka's Metamorphosis and Shakespeare's Hamlet (characters/plot summary etc). It's kind of like Cliff Notes.

http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/hamlet/

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/metamorph/

That site also has other books too especially classics.

Faith DiLoreto said...

Hello Anna. I found your blog via Shane Levene's Memoires blog. This site called Sparknotes may help you to better understand Kafka's Metamorphosis and Shakespeare's Hamlet (characters/plot summary etc). It's kind of like Cliff Notes.

http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/hamlet/

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/metamorph/

That site also has other books too especially classics.

Faith Bookworm said...

Hi Anna.

Barnes & Noble has a Rosetta Stone sale now thru October. Don't know if those are good prices or not though.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Rosetta-Stone-language-learning/379003219